Monday, September 24, 2012

Ten Lepers and Gratitude


I'll have to edit this later, but had to put this up:
We had a lesson on the story from Luke 17:11-19 about Jesus healing the ten lepers and how we need to show gratitude for the things we have been blessed with. I used Lesson 15 from the nursery manual Behold Your Little Ones as an outline. But I thought up these puppets to help teach this story to some 18-20 month old kids and they really connected with it! The gloves have 10 smiley faces and 10 sad faces glued on with a bit of tacky glue. On the frowning side I used the smallest band-aids I could find. When you wear the gloves you can turn your hands from front to back quickly and the band-aids really helped my young crowd understand that the lepers had "owies" but then they were "all better"!

No comments:

Post a Comment